Update, 5th November 2020Martlesham Heath Dental Practice will be open during the current lockdown. Patients are allowed to travel for dental appointments so if you have an appointment please attend as arranged. Thank you.
Practice opening from 8th June, 2020
You may have heard that dental practices can open to routine care from Monday 8 June.
Our practice will be opening on that day but we just wanted to be clear that this will not be business as usual. The treatments you are offered may be different to those you received before, depending on staff and equipment available. It will take some time before services return to what you previously experienced as normal. Please continue to be patient.
We will be providing a restricted service to offer emergency care and all scheduled appointments remain suspended. Practice opening times will be reduced but we are operating a telephone urgent care service during normal surgery hours. Please ring 01473 626288. For urgent care outside normal surgery hours, please call 111.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our surgery. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our practice follows infection control guidelines made by the governing bodies. We are up-to-date on new guidance that has been issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment.
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice. You will find some in the reception area and other places in the practice for you to use as needed.
- We no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone.
- Do not bring any unnecessary bags or coats with you to the practice.
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice.
- Payment should be made by card.
- Staff will not shake your hand.
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone.
- Please do not arrive early to the practice, unless told otherwise. On arrival you should wait outside until you are invited into the practice by a team member.
- Please do not arrive without an appointment.
- Please visit the bathroom at home prior to your appointment as there will be very limited access to the patient’s toilet facilities.
Martlesham Heath Dental PracticeDownload patient letter